Scottsdale Chiropractor: Finding The Best Chiropractor For Your Heath Needs
It’s important to know what to look for to find the best chiropractor for your health needs.
Four Things You Should Look For?
1. A doctor that respects the patients time:
Have you ever shown up on time for a schedule appointment only to wait.. and wait.. and wait.. for the doctor. This can be frustrating if not down right upsetting.
As a scottsdale chiropractor, it's of my opinion that the patient should not have to wait more than 10 minutes to see the doctor other than the exception of an occasion unexpected emergency that arises throwing the doctors schedule off. In such cases, I always have the patient informed that I will be running late and give them the option to reschedule. However more important to me is to minimize this situation from happening in the first place! So when you choose a chiropractor, make sure you are dealing with someone who values your time as much as their own.
In the struggles of this economy in which we are all so pressed for time, it can be nice knowing your chiropractor respects your time.
2. A doctor that finds the problem and gives it to you straight!
If something is clearly wrong and needs fixing, make sure your doctor is willing to tell it to you straight. I once visited a dentist who had found something wrong with my teeth but was too timid to tell me the extent of the problem and what exactly he was going to do. This is wrong, it's important for the patient to be fully informed on what's wrong and what can be done to correct or help the problem.
As a Scottsdale chiropractor, I promise to respect your well being when you come in to my center, which means a detailed history and exam so we can understand the extent of your problem. Then I'm going to tell it to you straight and leave it up to you to decide how you wish to proceed. Run, not walk, from any practitioner who won't shoot straight with you.
When it comes to your "dis-ease", you need solutions and straight talk. That's the secret to getting you better fast.
3. A doctor with recommendations and referral:
A doctor referral or recommendation from a friend or loved one is a great place to start when looking for a good chiropractor. Unfortunately this isn't always possible. Asking the chiropractor or looking on their web site for patient reviews or letters of recommendation is the next best thing.
4. The Warning Signs to watch out for:
In finding the best chiropractor there are a few danger signs that should warn you to avoid certain chiropractors:
- Avoid chiropractors who require you to sign a long-term treatment contract. Although chiropractic care is relatively safe, you have no reason to be tied up to a particular chiropractor for any long-term treatment plan unless your condition requires for it.
- Avoid chiropractors who discourage you to opt for other preventive treatments outside of chiropractic care, such as acupuncture or massage. A qualified doctor who is concerned about restoring your optimal health must be open to the best possible means of treating your disease or condition.
- A doctor making an unsubstantiated diagnosis, far-fetched claims to cure, or who employ scare tactics to convince the patient to agree on a treatment plan.
In summary, these are usually some tell-tale signs of a chiropractor who is less concerned about the patient's welfare and is only aiming to attain monetary benefits. If you have further questions in finding the best chiropractor for your health concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.