The word Athritis is from the Greek word arthro- meaning joint, and -itis meaning inflammation. It is used for a group of conditions involving damages to the joints of the body. Nearly 50 million people suffer from arthritis in America. That's approximately 1 in 7 Americans are afflicted with this potentially crippling disease.
three different warning signs of arthritis:
- Pain or soreness during or after movement or activity.
- Joint may feel stiff and difficult to move when first get moving.
- Skin around the joints may appear red, swollen, and warm to the touch.
Diagnosis and Natural Approaches
At The Get Well Center in scottsdale, we will run the appropriate blood tests or X-rays to make the appropriate diagnosis. Then select the most appropriate natural approach to achieve improvement of our patients conditions.
The Alternative (natural) treatment may involve:
- Acupuncture for arthritis to restore the vital blood and energy flow to the joints for repair.
- Chiropractic for arthritis to restore normal blood circulation, alignment, and motion to the spine and other joints motion to prevent the premature breakdown of a joint from wear and tear.
- Specific vital nutrient to assist repair and recovery.
- Spinal decompression for degenerative spinal conditions by bringing blood and nutrients to the spinal joint and hydrating the discs for repair and recovery.
- Herbal or homeopathic remedies.
- Specific diet
- Yoga therapy
- Home care instructions
The two basic forms of arthritis:
The most common, osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease) is a result of trauma to the joint, or age and genetics.
Osteoarthritis occurs where excessive stress is placed on ordinary healthy joints, like weight barring joints of the body:
- Lower Back
Studies show that poor posture, obesity and family history puts one at greater risk of developing osteoarthritis.
One is also at greater risk of developing osteoarthritis after trauma to a joint and it usually strike them before 40 years of age.
The second form of arthritis is grouped under inflammatory arthritis, this is where the joint becomes inflamed and erodes the bone and joint surfaces. Some of the different forms of inflammatory arthritis are: rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis, autoimmune diseases in which the body attacks itself, septic arthritis is caused by joint infection, and Gouty arthritis is caused by deposition of uric acid crystals in the joint, causing inflammation.
The Types of arthritis can also be placed into Primary and Secondary forms
Primary forms of arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Septic arthritis
- Gout and pseudogout
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Still's disease
- Ankylosing spondylitis
Secondary to other diseases:
- Lupus erythematosus
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Reactive arthritis
- Wegener's granulomatosis (and many other vasculitis syndromes)
- Lyme disease
- Familial Mediterranean fever
- Hyperimmunoglobulinemia D with recurrent fever
- TNF receptor associated periodic syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Including Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis)
The Get Well Center in Scottsdale is on the N/E corner of Hayden and Shea, conveniently located for Paradise Valley, Fountain Hills, North Phoenix, North Mesa, and Tempi.