By Dr. John J. Bolte
Ezinearticles Expert Author
Understanding that structural changes occur to the body during pregnancy. The possible complications that can result from structural changes during pregnancy and how chiropractic care can help. Recognizing the complication through their associated symptoms. The five ways chiropractic care can help achieve a healthier pregnancy.
Structural changes occur to the body during pregnancy, their possible complications, and how chiropractic care can help:
During pregnancy the expectant mothers body will undergo structural changes to allow room for the babies growth and development. Along with these structural changes comes extreme stress on the muscles, joints and ligaments of the spine and pelvis. This extreme stress can cause misaligned joints, strain muscles, and over stretch ligaments resulting in a painful complications or can cause further irritation and complications to an already existing spinal or pelvic problem. There are four types of complications that can arise from spinal or pelvis dysfunction:
- Excessive curving of the lower back
- inability for the pelvis to properly open for delivery
- Irritation of autonomic nerve flow resulting in organ and gland dysfunction.
- Impedance of the somatic nerve flow.
Chiropractic care can correct any possible joint misalignment and nerve irritation with the spine or pelvis, preventing complications during pregnancy.
Recognizing the symptoms related to these complications in pregnancy:
- Lower back pains
- Joint aches
- Muscle spasms
- Bladder problems
- Shooting pain
- Inability for the baby to turn
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms seek out a doctor of chiropractic to experience a healthier pregnancy.
Five ways chiropractic care helps achieve a healthier pregnancy:
- enables the mother to cope better with problems associated with pregnancy.
- enables the expecting mother to deliver faster and more efficiently.
- provides pain relief from the stress on the joints of the neck, back, and pelvis.
- helps prevent vaginal tearing during delivery.
- helps women avoid the possibility of undergoing cesarean section.
Which Chiropractor to choose during pregnancy:
There are chiropractors who acquired additional training and are experienced with prenatal and perinatal care for women. They are recommended when seeking a chiropractor to ensure optimal care and safety of both baby and mother.